CRYSTAL SERUM LIGHT + EXO V4 KIT 50ml
Why use Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light?
Crystal Serum Light is the prosumer version of the world famous Gtechniq Accredited Detailer only Crystal Serum – a coating so hard that, if applied incorrectly, can only be removed by using 1,500 grit sand paper.
Serum Light offers 80% of the Professional Serum’s performance, but, if applied incorrectly, can be machine polished from your vehicle’s paintwork.
When it comes to adding gloss, resisting swirls, contaminant and dirt repellency, Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Serum Light are the pinnacle in paint protection.
- 3-5 years durability;
- Incredible gloss;
- Best possible DIY swirl mark and chemical resistance.
Storage and Use:
- To apply CSL your vehicle must be indoors and it must remain indoors for at least 12 hours after application.
- Wash and then decontaminate your vehicle’s paintwork with Gtechniq W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner and W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover. If required, clay your paintwork to remove other bonded contaminants.
- If needed, polish your paintwork either by machine or by hand to remove any imperfections.
- Spray Gtechniq Panel Wipe onto a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth.
- With your panel fully cooled after polishing, taking care to avoid any paint protection film or other types of vinyl film, buff away all polish residues. This process ensures you will get the maximum number of chemical bonds between the coating and your vehicle’s paintwork.
- Put on the gloves provided to prevent CSL coming into contact with your skin.
- Soak the application pad with two full measures from the pipette and work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation.
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside – do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing.
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2’ x 2’, or work to the body lines of the vehicle.
- After coating a single small panel or half a larger panel, remove residue with MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth. Always remove from further than you have applied, working from the outside in. It is essential to check for residue.
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfibre cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product.
- When working with coatings, we recommend you inspect the panels with a bright but diffuse light source and not with bright spot lights which are very poor for spotting coating residue.
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface.
- Take care that the microfibre cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that CSL does not partially cure in the cloth, this will make buffing residue significantly more difficult.
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply CSL.
- As soon as you finish put the microfibres in water and wash and dry them as soon as possible.
- Use CSL within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months.
Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that’s out of direct sunlight.
EXO v4 – Gtechniq’s Most Hydrophobic Formulation Ever!
EXO’s leading characteristics have been the superior hydrophobic function it imparts and the glorious shine it delivers. Now in its 4th formulation, Gtechniq EXO offers the very pinnacle of these, making it a dream to look at – and maintain – combatting even in the harshest of weather conditions.
Gtechniq’s new formulation has resulted in lower volatile organic compound composition and slower flash off times. As a result, EXO V4 is significantly easier to apply than the previous version allowing for longer working times. Durability tests have shown around 30% improvement in performance even during winter, particularly in respect of the coating’s ability to withstand heavily salted roads. Additionally, the slower flash off time allows the hydrophobic film to form a more consistent layer, giving v4 its most hydrophobic effect ever.
Features & Benefits:
- Extreme hydrophobicity – water slides off treated surfaces
- Forms a hard film that makes water spots easier to remove
- Resistant to highly alkaline or acidic wash solutions
- Now aids the prevention of micro-marring
- Repels dirt, oils, & fallout
- Enhanced durability – lasts for up to 2 years
- Can be used as a stand-alone coating or as a top coat
- For cars up to medium estate (i.e. BMW 3 series touring) – select 30ml
- For larger cars, select 50ml